Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health and Safety Guide
ASERT has compiled resources for those with autism and those who care for people with autism relating to the current COVID-19 outbreak.
On October 30th, 2021 from 9AM to 3PM the Lower Susquehanna Riverkeeper Association and partners including the Penn State Master Watershed Stewards of York, Lancaster, Lebanon and Dauphin Counties, Watershed Alliance of York and others will be hosting the 2nd Annual Great Plastic Purge of the Lower Susquehanna.
This large scale cleanup will take place around Lake Clarke on the Susquehanna River on both sides of the River and everywhere in between. Lake Clarke is a 10 mile reservoir or “Lake” formed by the hydroelectric Safe Harbor Dam. Plastics, tires, litter and other debris continue to get flushed into the Susquehanna River so they will be doing their part to clean up and help protect the downstream neighbors, aquatic and avian species. They will have registration tables and trash containers at the Lock 2 Lower Boat Ramp and Susquehanna Boat Works in Wrightsville, York County.
NEED TO KNOW INFO:
1. You MUST CHOOSE which boat launch to show up and register for the event. York County – Lock 2 Lower Boat Ramp – Fishing Creek Road Wrightsville, PA 17368, Susquehanna Boat Works – 516 Boathouse Road Wrightsville, PA 17368. Blue Rock Boat Launch -Blue Rock Rd, Washington Boro, PA 17582 OR Columbia River Park – 41 Walnut Street Columbia, PA 17512. You will receive supplies and further instructions at the registration table at the place you choose.
2. You can walk and clean up along the banks and available shoreline given public property and/or you may launch your motorized boat, canoe or kayak at any public access given the side of river you choose to register with. The majority of the cleanup will be on the water focusing on the many islands around Lake Clarke and shoreline and tributaries south of Long Level and Washington Boro. They will have cleanup waypoints marked on a map for volunteers to concentrate on. Motorized boats will use barges to assist around the islands, flats and sandbar and haul away litter picked by those in canoes or kayaks.
3. Please bring your own Personal Flotation Device (PFD), water bottle, and mask when necessary, and dress for the weather. All volunteers must wear a PFD during the cleanup if you are on the River. PFDs can be rented at Shank’s Mare Outfitters for a minimal fee if you do not have one. Drysuits and other cold weather gear recommended for prolonged exposure to colder water. Water refill stations and snacks will be available for volunteers. They will supply all of the tools for the cleanup including extended pickers to reach out of grasp items, trash bags and gloves if you don’t have any. Lake Clarke River Rescue and Emergency Medical Services will be participating.
4. Please feel free to bring your family and friends. Cleanups are always fun and a really cool way to meet like minded people. The collective work done by all will be so amazing so they hope you’ll join them! Please SHARE this event!
5. Questions??? Contact Ted at 717-478-1780 or email@example.com. OR Jeff at 717-495-2015 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lock 2 Boat Ramp (lower) 2112 Fishing Creek Road Wrightsville, PA 17368