Hosted by the Arc of Pennsylvania
This course is designed for direct support staff of the following services:
- Supported Employment
- Community Participation
- Transition Services for High School Students
Direct support staff working these services in Pennsylvania and some other states are required to have either an ACRE Basic Certificate or CESP certification. Our training is recognized nationwide.
COURSE OVERVIEW AND DESCRIPTION
This course will prepare participants for providing supported employment and community participation services. Specifically, the course will cover the topics below:
- The history and values of supported employment services
- Skills and knowledge related to providing assessments and career planning, including an overview of Discovery.
- Best practices for job development, networking, and an overview of Customized Employment.
- Skills and best practices related to providing on the workplace supports and Systematic Instruction.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to do the following:
- Identify a job seeker’s interests towards employment, relevant work skills, and support needs.
- Build the job seeker’s career building skills.
- Identify jobs which align with the job seeker’s career goals and needs.
- Network and develop job opportunities for their job seekers.
- Negotiate supports and accommodations.
- Provide effective skills instruction in any task.
- Build relationships between natural supports and the client to ensure long term stability.
- Receive an ACRE Basic Certificate.
COURSE FORMAT, HOURS, REQUIREMENTS
- 3 days of zoom classes
- Assigned Coursework
- Self-paced online content consisting of reading assignments, videos and quizzes.
- For a full breakdown of certification requirements click here: ACRE Certification Requirements