Join The Arc of Chester County to share information, network, and learn in a casual and welcoming environment. Whether you are the parent of a child, an individual with a disability, a professional who works with individuals with disabilities, or another interested partner, these workshops can provide you with a wealth of information.
These FREE sessions are open to everyone. Each session will be held every Wednesday from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, on the dates listed below. Please save the dates on your calendar.
They have some great new topics and some topics that are back by popular demand. Come listen and learn about services and supports, transition programs and employment opportunities for individuals and families. Register to join by providing your email, address and zip code. A link will be to you via email for the chosen sessions, so you can attend virtually that day.
Social Security Disability Benefits I Wednesday, September 14, 2022, 11:30am – 1:00pm
- You can never learn too much about Social Security Benefits. Please join Richard Gaudiosi, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security Administration for a presentation about benefits and educate yourself on the details of these important benefits. Topics will include SSI/SSDI, how to apply, how to appeal and how to answer questions. Click HERE to REGISTER
Social Security Disability Benefits Wednesday, September 21, 2022, 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Please join Richard Gaudiosi, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security Administration for more detailed information on disability benefits. This presentation will focus on how working, and income can affect your benefits. He will go over ticket to work and answer questions. Click HERE to REGISTER
Empower U Specialty Fitness Wednesday, September 28, 2022 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Join us as coach Joe DelViscio, CSCS, BEXsc tells us about the specialty fitness training he offers based on individual needs and abilities. He covers strength, balance and endurance. It can be one on one or group training. This training can be covered by WAIVER FUNDING. Click HERE to REGISTER
***NO SESSION THIS WEEK*** Wednesday, October 5, 2022, 11:30am – 1:00pm
- This session on Housing has been moved to November 2, 2022.
Safe In Home Supports Wednesday, October 12, 2022, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Learn about new WAIVER FUNDED remote supports and assistive technology from SafeInHome. Jeanine Gannon, Account Executive from SafeInHome will talk about the technologies offered that can increase independence and provide health and safety support. SafeinHome is a trusted provider of Remote Supports, Assistive and Sensor Technologies for people with disabilities and seniors to live independent and self-directed lives. SafeInHome is person-centered assistive technology that can help provide seizure management solutions, elopement mitigation, medication management, and many other supports. Click HERE to REGISTER
If You Do Not Plan Your Child’s Future, Someone Else Will. Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 11:30 am- 1:00 pm
- If you do not plan your child’s future someone else will. Please join Darcy Elks, Family Advisor with the PA Family Advisor Network (PAFN), as she explains the basics of using the LifeCourse framework to help create a vision for a good life for your loved one. Although this tool was originally created for individuals with disabilities it can be used for anyone. You may focus on your loved one’s current stage of life, but it is helpful to look ahead and think about what is needed to help them towards a productive and inclusive life. Click HERE to REGISTER
Using the LifeCourse Tools to Problem Solve Wednesday, October 26, 2022, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Darcy Elks, Family Advisor with the PA Family Advisor Network (PAFN), will be back to help us learn how to use the LifeCourse tools to problem solve. Sometimes we hit a block in the road of life. Using another perspective to plan and problem solve can help clarify the problem and maybe present a solution. Click HERE to REGISTER
Housing Options for Individuals with Waiver Funding Wednesday, November 2, 2022, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Are you curious about how you can set your child up in a home of your choice and the staffing options? Come listen to experienced experts, Jeanne Meikrantz, CEO of The Arc of Chester County and Stephanie Kilcoyne, Deputy Administrator of MH/IDD explain how this can be done. Mary Anne Cenci, parent who has accomplished this, will join us to share her story. Click HERE to REGISTER
Bullying Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Jen Gaffney, and Deni Tobin, Violence Prevention Educators, from Crime Victims of Chester County will be here to talk about Bullying. Bullying is a systematic problem in all schools. Most students are affected at some time in their life. Crime Victims will be here to talk about bullying and strategies to handle it. Click HERE to REGISTER
Individual Education Plan (IEP) Basics Wednesday, November 16, 2022, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
- Patty Stanton and Melissa Yelito, Education Advocates from The Arc of Chester County will take you through the basics of disability categories and eligibly, evaluations, terms, law and timelines and the parts of an IEP. It is important that you understand the evaluation and IEP process as well as important timelines. This is a valuable training for anyone who helps a child with an IEP. Click HERE to REGISTER