SAPNA is a project of the PA Office of Developmental Programs (ODP), managed by Self Advocates United as 1 (SAU1). All SAPNA events are scheduled for eastern standard time and close-captioned for those using video.
Families, staff, and guests are welcome to listen and learn. SAU1 reserves the right to remove anyone from their events who does not follow our ground rules as explained on each call.
- Let’s Speak Up! Mon. Oct. 3, 11 am to 12:30 pm.
- Do you know your rights?
- Are you getting what you want and need?
- Join to learn all about speaking up.
- Tell ways YOU speak up!
- Let’s Talk About Your Vision For YOUR Everyday Life! Fri. Oct 7, 11 am to 1 pm OR Mon. Oct. 24, 10 am to 12 pm.
- What do YOU want in your life?
- How do you make it happen?
- Who can help?
- Learn how to plan for, and get, the life YOU want!
- All About Relationships! Wed. Oct. 12, 12 pm to 2 pm
- The different kinds
- How we make them
- Healthy relationships
- Unhealthy relationships
- What abuse is
- What to do about abuse
- Ways YOU can learn more
- All About Rights! Fri. Oct. 14, 11 am to 1 pm
- Human and Civil Rights
- History of Rights
- ODP Services
- Rules about People’s Rights
- Complaints about Services
- Speaking Up for Your Rights
- All About Jobs! Mon. Oct. 17, 10 am to 12 pm
- Your rights.
- Planning to work.
- Finding a job.
- Keeping your job.
- Workplace accommodations.
- ODP funded services.
- Other supports.
- Work and your benefits.
- Power Talk with ODP! Fri. Oct. 21, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Join to talk about services, issues, and Covid.
- Get the answers you need to speak up and live your life, your way.
- Call or email by Sept. 1 with your questions and comments, and SAPNA will share them with ODP.
- Shake Your Boo-ty at a SPOOKY DANCE PARTY! Fri. Oct. 28, 3 pm to 4 pm
- Join DJ Sierra for an afternoon of music and fun!
- Want to hear your favorite spooky song? Call 724 588 2378 or email Sierra@sau1.org with your favorite by Thurs. Oct. 27. They’ll add as many as they can to the dance list.
Here’s how you can join the events!
For video and audio by computer or smartphone, get the passcode from Rita anytime before the event! Call 724 588 2378 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The day of the event, go online at sau1.me/zoom then enter the passcode or join right from our online events calendar at sau1.me/events and enter the passcode.
For just audio from a smartphone tap +16468769923,,2233445555# and wait to hear “You are in the meeting now.”
For just audio on any phone, dial (646)876-9923, then meeting ID 223 344 5555 ##