2012 ASERT Post-Secondary Education Conference Materials
This page provides resources from the conference that took place on May 22nd-23rd, 2012 in Harrisburg, PA. The conference brought together post-secondary institutions from across the Commonwealth that have developed or have an interest in developing post-secondary support and transition programs for students living with autism and was funded by the Autism Services, Education, Resources and Training Collaborative (ASERT).
The goals of the conference were:
– Cross-university collaboration that results in more programs for adolescents and adults with ASD offered on post secondary campuses.
– Development of internships, co-ops and job coaching opportunities.
– Colleges/universities working with local businesses to develop relationships and employment opportunities.
– Increased access to traditional post secondary programs.
– Increased availability of, and access to, non-traditional post secondary programs.
Representatives from Drexel University, Saint Joseph’s University, Penn State Hershey, Eastern University, and Mercyhurst University presented on their own postsecondary ASD specific programs.
Below you will find videos of the presentations from this conference.
This information was developed by the Autism Services, Education, Resources, and Training Collaborative (ASERT). For more information, please contact ASERT at 877-231-4244 or info@PAautism.org. ASERT is funded by the Bureau of Supports for Autism and Special Populations, PA Department of Human Services.