These resources focus on information related to definitions, justifications, theories, life domains, and/or research-based fundamentals of the community inclusion approach to community mental health care. Resources relevant to specific populations – those in the LBGTQI community, or older adults, etc. – are also addressed in this section. Readers can use these materials to broaden their own understanding of the field, as the basis for consumer and/or staff educational programs, or refer to these documents in program or funding proposals.
This webpage includes the following resources:
- Jump-Starting Community Inclusion: A Toolkit for Promoting Participation in Community Life
- Well Together – A Blueprint for Community Inclusion: Fundamental Concepts, Theoretical Frameworks and Evidence
- Building An Online Presence: Using Online Media to Promote Community Inclusion
- Using Social Media to Enhance Community Participation
- A Report from the 2017 Summer Institute on Community Inclusion
- Behavioral Health Managed Care Entities: Important Partnerships in Promoting Community Inclusion
- Community Participation and Inclusion: Shifting Perspectives on Quality Measures
- The County Mental Health Administrators’ Toolkit for Promoting Community Inclusion
- Cultural Competence in Mental Health
- Funding the Future: Managing your Money and Building Your Assets
- Increasing the Community Presence and Participation of People with MH and DD Disabilities
Into the Thick of Things: Connecting Consumers to Community Life
- Managing Risk in Community Inclusion: Promoting the Dignity of Risk and Personal Choice
- 2012 Future Research Recommendations
- NYAPRS 5th Annual Executive Seminar on Systems Transformation: Presentation Summaries
- Philadelphia DBH/MRS Tools for Transformation: Community Integration
- Pioneer Center Report
- Serving Individuals with Psychiatric Disabilities in Centers for Independent Living
- Specific Strategies to Help Make Community Integration a Reality
- What is Community Integration?
- The Collaborative Interim Report: Responses to Presentations and Website Resources
Resources for specific populations:
- A Mental Health Recovery and Community Integration Guide for GLBTQI Individuals: What You Need to Know.
- GLBTQI Mental Health: Recommendations for Policies and Services
- Access to and Inclusion in Behavioral Health Services for GLBTQI Consumers
- Recreation and Leisure for Older Adults with Psychiatric Disabilities
- Self- Advocacy for Older Adults: Information and Resources
- Jump Starting Community Inclusion
- What are Environments?