Parents' Guide to Autism
Learn the signs and ask for help if you’re concerned
This guide from that National Institute of Mental Health is intended to help parents understand what autism is, recognize common signs and symptoms, and find the resources they need. The guide includes the following sections:
- What is autism spectrum disorder?
- What are the signs and symptoms of ASD?
- What are the causes and risk factors for ASD?
- How is ASD diagnosed?
- What are treatments for ASD?
- Where can I find resources about ASD?
- What are clinical trials?
- Finding Help
This resource created by National Institute of Mental Health