SIECUS has become a recognized leader in the field of sexuality and sex education, publishing numerous books, journals, and resources for professionals, parents, and the public. Their core areas of work include:
Policy and Advocacy
- Educate advocates and policymakers about providing rights-based sexuality information and education at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Provide technical assistance to state and local partners for education, advocacy, and/or lobbying purposes.
- Lead, strengthen, and develop partnerships with other organizations, coalitions, and initiatives to advance policies that promote positive sexual and reproductive health outcomes across the lifespan
- Publish reports, data, and analyses to inform policy and advocacy work in sexuality, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
Education and Resource Development
- Enhance educator, advocate, parent, youth, clinician, partner, and public understanding of the current state of sexuality education in the United States and opportunities for improvement in both policy and practice.
- Publish toolkits and reports to inform and educate various constituencies on comprehensive sexuality education and quality sexual and reproductive health services.
- Partner with national, state, and local organizations to promote standards elevating the provision of quality sexuality education.
- Provide training and technical assistance to stakeholders on how to use resources to improve sexuality education implementation, evaluation, and policy development.
- Shape cultural and societal narratives by applying a multi-faceted approach in all communications with a strong organizational website, social media presence, relevant opinion pieces, and bold position statements.
- Educate and inform the broader public through media appearances, speaking engagements, and other high visibility activities.
- Expand our communication channels with partners using both traditional and social media to educate, inform, and mobilize communities.