Hosted by the Lehigh Valley Center for Independent Living (LVCIL).
The S2L (School2Life) Group is LVCIL’s youth-led, and youth-driven peer group for young adults with any disability ages 14-25 who have independent living goals for their futures.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
- Learning independent living skills, advocacy, leadership, teamwork and communication skills
- Engaging in social and recreational activities with peers
- Working together to learn self-advocacy and systems advocacy skills
- S2L Gives Back, with community involvement including volunteer opportunities
- Developing employment skills including running all aspects of a micro business called T2L or Treats to Love. This involves business planning, inventory control, making, marketing and selling the products.
Treats 2 Love is LVCIL’s Youth Microbusiness Program where participants create and sell various types of recipe jars. This business allows us to fund the program at no cost to families or consumers.
LVCIL is a non-profit organization based in Allentown, PA that provides services and support to people with all types of disabilities.