This group is designed to help adults with IDD or Autism learn skills necessary for independence. They meet in person one evening per month.
About the Program
- For adults with an Intellectual or Developmental Disability or Autism
- A classroom-style program that will offer time for group discussion, guest speakers, and networking with peers. (NOTE: This is a learning time, not a social gathering)
- Topics will cover self-awareness, selfadvocacy, empowerment, independence, social skills, communication skills and more!
Main Areas of Focus
- Get to Know YOU: Discover your thoughts, feelings, interests, strengths, and needs. Be excited and confident as you “dream” about all things possible for your life.
- Resources: Identify and utilize natural and community resources to learn about recreation, health and nutrition, employment, your rights, and so much more.
- Setting Goals and Planning: Set personal growth goals and plan for the future, maintaining a positive mindset along the way!
The Arc Lancaster Lebanon assists people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) and Autism and their families to navigate an often complex system by coming alongside and asking what makes a meaningful life and help identify what is needed to make that life happen (including, but not exclusively, services and supports).