Sponsored by Autism Connection of PA
This meetup page hosts two activities:
1. a Discussion Group and 2. a Social Outings Group
- Both are for adults 18 and older who are on the autism spectrum and live in or near the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area.
- This group is sponsored by the Autism Connection of PA. Visit the website at: http://autismofpa.org/
—About The Discussion Group:
The Discussion Group is a social group for adults on the autism spectrum who want to have friendly and supportive conversations with other autistic adults. This group, facilitated by Lance Hershberger is not a therapy group or a support group. Occasionally, the group features speakers who provide information that is useful to people on the spectrum.
- Meetings take place once a month, on the second Sunday of the month, from 3:30 – 4:30. You must create a profile and be accepted on the meetup.com page to participate.
- After every meeting, group members are invited to gather at local restaurants to continue their conversation at a nearby restaurant if they so, please! The group ends promptly at 4:30 due to library hours.
—About the Social Outings Group:
The Social Outings Group is for adults on the autism spectrum who want to participate in social events in a friendly and supportive environment. Events often include potlucks, visits to local museums, trips to Kennywood, Sandcastle, local events, movies and etc.
- The Social Outings Group usually schedules one social outing per month. Diana Dugina, Kristen Horn, and Amy Adelman facilitate these outings, but group members are encouraged to suggest social outings that they would like to participate in for future events.
Autism Connection of Pennsylvania is a lifeline for families and individuals affected by autism providing education, advocacy, and support.