The Arc provides programming to persons with intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities and Autism. Programs actively support inclusion, community engagement, character development, and personal growth.
- The Arc is a non-profit organization supporting the needs of persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) in Centre County since 1953.
- Mission: The Arc of Centre County embodies and protects the human rights of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and practices person-centered planning which actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
- The Arc offers an array of community services, focusing its efforts on ensuring the rights of persons with developmental disabilities, supporting their families, and helping each person reach his or her personal best.
- The Arc is composed of people from all walks of life- from programs targeting youth with disabilities to supports for aging adults with disabilities, The Arc’s programs make an impact across the lifespan.
- Through changes and growth and from progressive Residential Habilitation Services with medical supports to our cutting edge Discovery and Customized Employment services, The Arc has never altered its ultimate goal which is to provide support to persons with a disability and their families.